Effective sales professionals recognise that it is in the interest of customers (irrespective if these are dealers, distributors, wholesalers, jobbers, direct customer etc.) to commoditise their products and services. They also recognise that their role is to ensure that they continue to differentiate themselves in the eyes of the targeted customers.
The moment that customers are able to commoditise us, then only one thing matters i.e. PRICE. Effective sales professionals have the competencies to be able to sell based on the VALUE rather than the PRICE.
This two-day session will provide the essential competencies to sales professionals to determine the actual VALUE that customers are looking for and tweak the sale towards this VALUE. The ultimate outcome is that sales professionals will be able to secure business deals on improved terms and conditions.
Benefits to You
- Recognise and avoid the common mistakes that sales professionals make when selling
- Change their approach to emulate the characteristics and behaviours of effective and successful sales professionals
- Know the VALUE that your products/services provide to the customers and sell based on this VALUE rather than on price
- Apply the Levitt Construct to differentiate your products from competition
- Determine your competitive position within the customer and take the appropriate actions to close the gaps
- Be aware of their own Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and how it impacts their preferred manner in interacting with and selling to customers—also be effective in connecting with different EQ customers
- Leverage on their own strengths and work on the weaknesses as derived from their own personal tendencies
- Apply the SCOTSMAN model to ask the relevant and impactful questions to dig in deeper to explore further opportunities
- Have a template to ensure that they have a continuous pipeline of prospects
- Confidently meet and deal with different echelons in the customers’ hierarchy
- Use the APACP model to consistently convert reservations and objections into sales opportunities
- Apply the Six Steps to Value Based Selling:
- Assessing current influencing and selling competencies and effectiveness
- Common mistakes sales professionals make and what to do about them
- What effective sales professionals do?
- What is Value Based Selling and how it is different from the “normal” selling?
- The six steps to Value Based Selling
- Understanding and positioning the value that your products/services offer
- What are our target customers’ expectations and why should they choose us over our competitors?
- What are our unique VALUE propositions?
- Using the Levitt Construct to differentiate ourselves against competition
- Identifying our competitive position and taking steps to close the gaps
- Understanding own preferred way of selling through knowledge of Emotional Intelligence [EQ]
- Developing the strategies to leverage on strengths and work on the weaknesses
- Prospecting and connecting with the targeted customers
- Determining customers’ REAL Problems and getting the customer to enjoy the conversation:
- Applying the SCOTSMAN model to ask impactful questions to dig deeper into possible opportunities
- Converting reservations and objections into sales opportunities:
- Pitching for the Sale Based on VALUE and BENEFITS:
- Creating the Future Relationship and Building the Network:
- Developing and Maintaining the Mental Mind-set:
Who Will Benefit by Attending
- Sales & Marketing Vice-Presidents/Directors
- National/Regional Sales & Marketing Managers
- Sales & Marketing Executives
- Business Development Executives
- Technical Executives
- Anyone involved in selling products or services and is desirous of enhancing their personal performance
This programme will be conducted by:
Mr. Patrick Ng is a highly acclaimed international Sales and Marketing cum Management trainer/consultant who will use his 21 years of corporate experience and fourteen years’ training/consulting to help you achieve the desired results. The corporate experience garnered from the ranks of sales/marketing executive, Sales Manager, Head of Strategic Business Unit and then to Chief Executive Officer of a multinational in different industries ensures that participants learn practical tools that can be implemented. Participants have consistently commented that his training is effective because they are able to relate to what they are actually facing.
He is an associate of the Harvard Business School Alumni Club of Malaysia which allows him to keep abreast with the latest developments from the Harvard Business. In addition, he is the external Sales/Marketing trainer for the Europe, Asia and Middle East Region for a leading U.S. based medical device company with annual turnover of US$9 billion. This allows him to share global best practices.
Patrick will challenge and change your perspectives, delight and entertain you and impart essential competencies and the appropriate mind-set to enhance your effectiveness. His greatest satisfaction are seeing his participants become more productive and enjoy what they are doing and coaching his two children to graduate as medical doctors from the University of Cambridge.
|Venue||The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur|
|Time||0900 to 1730|
|Fee||RM2, 756 per person for local delegates or US$880 per person for foreign delegates [price is inclusive of 6% GST, programme documentation, tea breaks and lunch]|
|email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|