Despite all the new technology and social networking capabilities, making sales presentations still remains as the NUMBER ONE method in which customers choose their partners or suppliers. This is especially true when the amount involved is significant.
The brutal reality is that many organisations lose potential business despite having a more superior product/service because their representatives fail to bring out the relevant and salient points during the presentation. In addition, their representatives are not able to articulate the answers to the questions asked.
Sales presentations are one of the most difficult to make because there is every probability that we do not know what the prospect REALLY wants. And, how many times have we been invited for a sales presentation when the customer has already decided BEFORE the presentation who to choose? We are just there to help them to adhere to their process of having at least three to five parties to make the presentation. What should we do in this case?
Too many professionals make sales presentations thinking that being able to present well is good enough. Superficially, this appears to be enough but the truth is there is much more than meets the eye.
This two-day session is BEYOND THE TYPICAL PRESENTATION SKILLS COURSE. It is based on the trainer’s more than thirty years’ experience of successful selling and making presentations to customers in different cultures, industries and situations. Participants can expect to get major breakthroughs in their presentations ensuring there is improvement in the strike rate.
Benefits to You
- Leverage on your own identity to bring out the best in your presentation
- Acquire a proven presentation process that works well for both internal and external presentations
- Use a template to do the necessary fact-finding prior to conducting the presentation
- Learn how to use story-telling (of real-life situations) to mesmerise and get the “buy-in” from the audience
- Develop the appropriate strategy based on the customer and situation (even though you stand no chance of winning the presentation because the client has made up his mind and you are there to make up the numbers)
- Connect appropriately with different levels of the hierarchy
- Improve your success rate and shorten the sales cycle
- Increase the average size of the sale
- Apply the Six Steps to Making Winning Sales Presentations
- Assessing current presentation competencies to identify the strengths and the gaps
- The common challenges faced and causes of these challenges
- Strategies to overcome the challenges
- Setting the objective and the strategy
- Identifying and managing the audience’s expectations
- Check-list of things we need to know before conducting the presentation
- Sizing up the audience and developing the presentation strategy
- Making an impactful opening
- Strategies to connect with the audience quickly
- Identifying the main theme of the presentation
- Understanding the most effective medium to use to communicate the main theme
- The 7 times rule and its implications
- Deciding on the “killer” application
- Reading and making sense of body language
- Using the right verbal and non-verbal language
- Presenting effectively to high level personnel
- Leveraging on questions to your favor
- Strategies to anticipate and answer the questions
- How to convert a question into a question that favors you?
- Essentials of power presentation
- The different closing techniques
- Strategies to gain the commitment
- What they do not teach you in business schools about sales presentations
Every participant will receive a DVD of the presentations that he/she has made during the training
Who Will Benefit by Attending
- Sales & Marketing Vice-Presidents/Directors
- National/Regional Sales & Marketing Managers
- Sales & Marketing Executives
- Anyone who needs to make sales presentations on a regular basis
This programme will be conducted by:
Mr. Patrick Ng is a highly acclaimed international Sales and Marketing cum Management trainer/consultant who will use his 21 years of corporate experience and fourteen years’ training/consulting to help you achieve the desired results. The corporate experience garnered from the ranks of sales/marketing executive, Sales Manager, Head of Strategic Business Unit and then to Chief Executive Officer of a multinational in different industries ensures that participants learn practical tools that can be implemented. Participants have consistently commented that his training is effective because they are able to relate to what they are actually facing.
He is an associate of the Harvard Business School Alumni Club of Malaysia which allows him to keep abreast with the latest developments from the Harvard Business. In addition, he is the external Sales/Marketing trainer for the Europe, Asia and Middle East Region for a leading U.S. based medical device company with annual turnover of US$9 billion. This allows him to share global best practices.
Patrick will challenge and change your perspectives, delight and entertain you and impart essential competencies and the appropriate mind-set to enhance your effectiveness. His greatest satisfaction are seeing his participants become more productive and enjoy what they are doing and coaching his two children to graduate as medical doctors from the University of Cambridge.