It is a given that every organisation should have a yearly Business Plan which acts as the guide to achieve the set targets. It is not surprising that nowadays even sole proprietors and SMEs (small and medium enterprises) are having their own business plans.
Despite the above, the brutal reality is that many organisations:
- Do not have a structured approach to develop the strategies and action plans to achieve their business plan targets
- Are unsure of the different strategies that are appropriate and effective to achieve the targets
- Are unclear if the Sales and Marketing strategies are aligned to corporate strategies
- Have too many strategies and not enough focus or not enough resources to implement all the strategies
- Possess sound strategies that are not executed
- Fail to get the buy-in of the people who are supposed to implement the strategies
- Mix up short term tactics as short term strategies
- Are in “fire-fighting” mode on a regular basis
This two-day session will provide participants with a proven, practical methodology to DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT WINNING STRATEGIES AND ACTION PLANS TO ACHIEVE THEIR BUSINESS PLAN TARGETS. Participants can expect to gain major insights into customers and competitors and then develop the strategies to capture their markets effectively.
Benefits to You
- Use the Business Plan targets as the driver of all the strategies and action plans
- Apply a structured methodology that takes into consideration the market landscape, competitor intelligence, and customer buying behavior to develop and implement the right strategies
- Appreciate own core competence and apply this understanding to develop the appropriate strategies
- Use relevant tools to conduct a situational analysis so as to improve the quality of decision making
- Make decisions based on a good fact base rather than gut-feelings
- Segment, target and position appropriately to the right customers
- Use the strategic square to understand the appropriate strategies for the targeted market segments
- Apply the different types of winning sales and marketing strategies used by high performing companies
- Be able to translate the strategies into implementable action plans with clear timelines
- Develop contingent short term tactics that are aligned with the short and long term strategies in the event that competitors throw a surprise
- Know how to synergise Sales and Marketing to achieve the business plan targets
- Ensure that the strategies will be executed with discipline through getting the buy-in of the implementers
Participants will work on a customised template that requires them to develop strategies and action plans to achieve their own Business Plan Targets. At the end of the session, they would have completed at least 70% or more of their own Business Plan.
- Our business plan targets and what they mean to us
- Evaluating and reviewing our current approach to developing strategies and action plans:
- The business case for a structured approach
- Taking a structured approach—The ten step methodology:
- What is involved in the ten step methodology?
- A quick glance at all the tools and objectives of using them
- Where are the opportunities in the market?
- Knowing the total market size and its components
- Determining all the market segments that exist
- Using the appropriate criteria to segment the market
- Selecting and targeting at the market segments that are attractive and where our probability of success is high
- Trends and assumptions analysis using the SKEPTIC model
- Making sense of the results
- Organisation’s broad strategies to achieve the business plan targets
- Strategy and execution must be seen as one and not separate matters
- Which of these strategies impinge on Sales and Marketing?
- What do the strategies mean to me as an individual?
- The strategic square and its relevance to strategy
- Understanding what strategy is and what it is not
- Identifying our position in the respective targeted market segments
- Understanding our objectives and strategy for each of the targeted market segments
- Translating the strategies into specific action plans
- Ensuring the actions are coherent and aligned to the overall organizational and departmental strategies
- Ensuring the execution of the action plans
- Link between shorter term tactics and strategies
Who Will Benefit by Attending
- Sales & Marketing Vice-Presidents/Directors
- National/Regional Sales & Marketing Managers
- Product Managers
- Branch Managers
- Sales & Marketing Executives
- Anyone who needs to develop business plans on a yearly basis
This programme will be conducted by:
Mr. Patrick Ng is a highly acclaimed international Sales and Marketing cum Management trainer/consultant who will use his 21 years of corporate experience and fourteen years’ training/consulting to help you achieve the desired results. The corporate experience garnered from the ranks of sales/marketing executive, Sales Manager, Head of Strategic Business Unit and then to Chief Executive Officer of a multinational in different industries ensures that participants learn practical tools that can be implemented. Participants have consistently commented that his training is effective because they are able to relate to what they are actually facing.
He is an associate of the Harvard Business School Alumni Club of Malaysia which allows him to keep abreast with the latest developments from the Harvard Business. In addition, he is the external Sales/Marketing trainer for the Europe, Asia and Middle East Region for a leading U.S. based medical device company with annual turnover of US$9 billion. This allows him to share global best practices.
Patrick will challenge and change your perspectives, delight and entertain you and impart essential competencies and the appropriate mind-set to enhance your effectiveness. His greatest satisfaction are seeing his participants become more productive and enjoy what they are doing and coaching his two children to graduate as medical doctors from the University of Cambridge.
|Venue||The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur|
|Time||0900 to 1730|
|Fee||RM2, 756 per person for local delegates or US$880 per person for foreign delegates [price is inclusive of 6% GST, programme documentation, tea breaks and lunch]|
|firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|