This programme provides staff in the positions of assistant managers and managers with an insight into the arena of managerial effectiveness. The two-day programme is current and has been aligned to the needs of the global environment. The programme will equip the participants with the knowledge, competencies and strategies to manage their own development and team to reach higher goals.
It will also provide them with sufficient opportunities to manage their own self-growth while developing that of their workforce. The programme, being highly interactive in nature will provide notable cases and examples on which participants can base their discussion and learn to arrive at appropriate conclusions.
On the completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Gain confidence and understand their respective roles better
- Manage pressure and cope with problems effectively
- Set priorities and influence others effectively
- Be proactive and learn to make good decisions
- Manage and develop talent in their respective departments
- Apply ‘stretch goals’ while working on mutuality
- Maximize creativity and innovation at the workplace
- Inculcate high business and ethical standards
- Manage different and difficult situations
- Setting priorities
- Team development and communication
- Identifying and managing talent
- Training of new staff (talent)
- Personal production and growth
- Managing Problems
- Managing your communication
- Looking at the problem objectively
- Identifying alternatives
- Is it a ‘head’ or a ‘heart’ problem?
- Who’s got the monkey? (case study)
- Decision making
- Behaviors for decision making
- Decision making styles
- Assessing your decision making style
- Generating alternatives
- Making ethical decisions
- Compliance with Policies and Process
- Leadership and structure
- Code of business conduct
- Written standards
- Training and education
- Achievement orientated affiliation and power motive
- Choosing your role models
- Setting up stretch goals
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Cultural differences
- Power distance
- High potential managers
- Identifying them (view from inside the pipe)
- Develop them (take a personal approach)
- Nurturing them
- Working on mutuality and reciprocity
- Creativity work
- Continuous learning
- Creativity and innovation at the workplace
- Creativity – talent or skills
- Your brain and you
- Influencing others
- Flexible and adoptability
- The iceman story
- Keeping calm in increasing difficulties and changes
- Planning ahead with alternative at hand
- Thinking quickly to sudden changes
- Adapting successfully to changing situations and environment
This programme will be JOINTLY conducted by Dr. S. Hadi Abdullah and Cheong Kwai Fong:
Dr. S. Hadi Abdullah holds a B.A. (University Malaya), Diploma in Management Science – National Institute of Public Administration (INTAN), a M.B.A. – Asian Institute of Management, Manila and a D.B.A – International University College of Technology (TWINTECH)
Hadi has had varied experience in the field of education and training. He has had practical sessions in Training Needs Analysis having conducted it for numerous organisations. He is also a certified Cross-Cultural Trainer with Berlitz USA, frequently training expatriates at INTEL; local embassies and others. Hadi is also a certified trainer in Action Learning as propounded by RAVEN.
Hadi is often sought after as a trainer, speaker and consultant. His main areas of expertise are Leadership, Management Essentials, Creative Problem Solving, Effective Supervision and Striving towards Job Excellence.
He has trained executives and managers both locally and internationally who come from diverse companies ranging from small and medium enterprises, Government link companies, public listed companies and multinationals.
Cheong Kwai Fong is a management trainer by profession. He obtained his Diploma in Management from the Malaysian Institute of Management (MIM) and graduated with a Master in Management Degree from the Asian Institute of Management (AIM), Philippines in 1983.
In early 1995 he successfully completed and received the Certificate in the Teaching of English as a Second Language from the Regional Language Teaching Institute, (RELC), Singapore. In 2004 he was certified as an accredited administrator for the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) program.
His main areas of expertise are Management Essentials, Leadership, Effective Supervision, Personal Effectiveness and Sales and Marketing. He has trained many participants from different organisations and industries who have cited that they acquire many competencies from his experience which cannot be garnered from books or the Internet.
Participants have found his training very practical oriented and he is able to connect well with them. This ability enables him to make the participants comfortable; hence enhancing their willingness to ask questions and interact more with him.
|Venue||The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur|
|Time||0900 to 1730|
|Fee||RM1, 908 per person for local delegates or US$6500 per person for foreign delegates [price is inclusive of 6% GST, programme documentation, tea breaks and lunch]|
|firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|