The onus on managers to perform is increasing in intensity. Organisations, in their pursuit of fulfilling the shareholders’ expectations are driving managers to outperform themselves on a continuous basis.
Managers have learnt (or “forced”) to accept that the failure of the department or organisation to achieve the set objectives reflects on their failure as managers to manage the performance of the team for results.
In the midst of all this, the pertinent question then is, “Have the managers been provided with the competencies on how to manage performance for results”? Our experience shows that in some instances, the managers are provided with a structured learning process on how to develop performance plans, track performance, review the performance and then manage poor performance appropriately.
Unfortunately, there are many incidents whereby the managers are “thrown into the deep end of the pool” resulting in unnecessary mistakes, low productivity, adverse employee morale and sometimes monetary losses to the company.
This two-day intensive and practical training session will impart both HR and non-HR line managers with the competencies and mind-set to manage the performance of their subordinates to achieve the desired results. When this happens, there will be enhanced productivity, morale and job satisfaction.
Benefits to You
- Appreciate the importance of performance management as a managerial tool to achieve business goals
- Acquire the technical know-how to transform the corporate strategic plan into the operational plan
- Apply the technique in cascading performance planning and goals setting.
- Garner the knowledge and skills in managing the documentation relating to performance.
- Use the Balanced Scorecard and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as performance drivers
- Enhance the effectiveness in delegating and tracking performance
- Know how to get subordinates’ commitment by measuring and rewarding superior performance
- Acquire the art and science of using the performance management system as a motivating tool to achieve superior performance.
- Introduction to Performance Management
- Reorientation on the concept of performance management
- The critical success factors in performance management
- The best practice approach
- Aligning performance with corporate strategies
- How to transform organisation’s strategic directions, balanced scorecard and key performance indicators (KPIs) into action that deliver results
- How to develop the annual performance plan
- The importance of performance tracking and roles of managers
- The critique approach in performance tracking
- How to sustain commitment
- Performance review and preparing the performance review documents
- The deliverables and planning for the next cycle
- Managing poor performance
- Turning poor performance into disciplinary issues
Who Will Benefit by Attending
- HR Managers, Assistant Managers and Executives
- Line Managers and Supervisors of various departments
- Executives who have direct line reports
- Executives who will be having subordinates in the next six months
This programme will be conducted by:
Mr. Harmain Haji Zaiyadi is a thorough-bred Human Capital Management expert having been involved both as a practitioner and as a trainer/consultant in the field for the past 37 years.
His Human Capital Management experience in corporations has taken him from the ranks of Human Resource Executive to General Manager of Human Resource of multinationals and public-listed companies.
The wide experience garnered in different industries in both unionized and non-unionized environment has given him significant exposure to handle HR related issues. It is therefore not surprising that the participants who have been attending his training programs since 2006 cite that the main difference is that he uses real-life experiences to support his training. His experience and inputs have been put to valuable use and he has trained Executive Directors, Heads of Departments, Line Managers and Supervisors from HR and non-HR disciplines in small and medium sized industries, public-listed companies and multinationals.
|Venue||The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur|
|Time||0900 to 1730|
|Fee||RM2, 120 per person for local delegates and US$680 per person for foreign delegates [price is inclusive of 6% GST, programme documentation, tea breaks and lunch]|
|firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|