Many organisations recognise that Marketing, when planned and executed efficaciously represents the best route to success. However, not many organisations fully understand the ‘what and the how to’ of Marketing. It is not uncommon to find that there are organisations where Marketing is though to just the new buzz word for Sales.
The great challenge, research shows, is that organisations expect to be successful by relying on the ‘Marketing and Sales’ department alone. However, although good marketing plays a pivotal role, the support of all other departments is crucial to realising the full potentialities of the marketing disciplines. Marketing is a TEAM effort and Marketing is too important to be left to the Marketing department alone.
Move on the fast-track to acquire the core competencies of marketing. Attend this intensive two-day training programme where the speaker, Ian Ruskin-Brown will use his book Mastering Marketing: The core skills of profitable marketing to pace delegates through.
Benefits to You
Master the core skills of marketing to achieve sustainable competitive advantage and profitable growth:
- Effectiveness Vs. Efficiency – Determine the effectiveness of your firm and learn how to enhance effectiveness.
- Competitor Analysis – Know the levels and types of competition and learn how to beat them.
- Market Forces – Understand the impact of the supply and demand cycle and the strategic options available.
- Build a Competitive Differential Advantage – Learn how to achieve this using the available marketing tools.
- Market Research – Acquire basic and effective tools to conduct market research.
- Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning – Understand the concepts and apply the methodologies in conducting these very important aspects of marketing.
- Market Intelligence – Learn how to use the power of knowledge to build a competitive advantage.
- Marketing Audit – Know how to control and monitor progress of your marketing efforts.
- Introduction of Case Study-the base case for the whole programme
- Reasons for Adopting a Marketing Orientation
- Ladder of Loyalty and the Life Time Value of customers
- Efficiency vs. Effectiveness: Cornerstones of Effectiveness, and how to Gauge yours
- Market Forces:
- Supply and Demand Cycle,
- The Product Life Cycle
- Marketing and Competitive Differential Advantage, Marketing Cycle and the Marketing Mix
- Understanding Customers: The Food/Value Chain
- Segmenting and Targeting the Market: Concepts and Methodology
- Positioning, via the use of the Levitt Construct
- Basics of Market/ing Information Systems (the CIA of the firm)
- Customer/Competitor Information System
- The Marketing Mix: The 4 P’s. 5 P’s and 10 P’s
- Routes to Marketing, Distributing and Selling to the Customer:
- Basic Considerations,
- How it Really Happens versus the Text Books,
- Overview of Pricing Considerations
- The Basics of Marketing Communications (MarComs) and How it Works
- PR and its valuable component ‘Editorial Publicity’
- The Marketing Plan
- Conducting a Marketing Audit
Who Will Benefit by Attending
- Sales & Marketing Vice-Presidents/Directors
- National/Regional Sales & Marketing Managers
- District Sales Managers
- Sales & Marketing Executives
- Anyone who wants to use marketing to achieve sustainable, profitable advantage
This programme will be conducted by:
Ian Ruskin-Brown is an author, international marketing trainer and consultant. His most recent books are “Mastering Marketing” and “Marketing the Service Advantage.”
Ian has gained extensive experience in Marketing, working in the operational and planning functions in Marketing Management for multinationals like Esso Petroleum [now ExxonMobil], Goodyear Tyre, Kimberly Clark, Trebor Sharpes, and Reed Paper Group.
Since 1973, his career has oriented towards the academic and consultancy, working as a Senior Lecturer at the University of the South West, UK with visiting lecturerships at the Universities of Bath, Bristol, Oran (Algeria) and the NIHE Limerick (Eire).
Mr. Ruskin-Brown is a full member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the Business Graduates Association of MBA’s, a fellow of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management, UK, a full member of the British Institute of Management, a full member and qualified as a Diplomate of the Market Research Society. He was with the Training Arm of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, U.K. for thirteen years.
In early 1983, Ian set up Ruskin Brown Associates to provide consultancy and training in Sales and Marketing and Market Research activities. This activity continually brings him into contact with a wide range of marketing situations in United Kingdom, United States of America, Asia and Europe. This knowledge enables him to recognise the different cultures and consumer buying behaviour.
Ian’s clients include organisations like Ericsson, IBM International Business School, Rank Xerox, Hitachi International, Courage Breweries, ChevronTexaco, Wace Industries (world’s largest printing company), Bank of Ireland, Abbey National and Cambridge University Press.
|Venue||The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur|
|Time||0900 to 1730|
|Fee||RM3, 922 per person for local delegates and
US$1, 250 per person for foreign delegates [price is inclusive of 6% GST, programme documentation, tea breaks and lunch]
|email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|